What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and stored on your device (mobile phone, PC or tablet) and are common on the internet. Some cookies are needed to make full use of the site’s full functionality while others are used to enhance your user experience and make it easier for you to navigate your site.
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (so-called session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your device for a longer period of time to customize the site to your wishes, choices, and interests. For example, they are used for features that tell you what’s new since you last used the site. When the time has expired, the cookie will be deleted the next time you visit the site and will be sent between your device and the server during the time you are on the site and will be deleted now you turn off the browser.
What cookies can be used for:
- When you log in to a website, a cookie will be placed on your device. In connection with each time you change page, your device will send a cookie to the site you visit and by using the cookie, the site can determine if you are logged in and avoid entering your username and password each time you change page.
- When you want to tailor the website for your use. This may be a design on a site you use frequently, customized contrasts or font sizes, or custom sorting and selection.
- To record which people are visiting which pages on a site. This information can then be used to select appropriate advertising or customize the pages that the user can see. Many cookies used for advertising and tailor-made content are third party cookies.
- To track traffic through statistics to improve your site and learn more about different audiences. Many cookies used for statistics are third party cookies.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under the Data Protection Act in relation to personal information Norcool has about you. In particular, you may be entitled to:
- Request a copy of your personal information that Norcool has on you;
- Request that Norcool update the personal information Norcool cares about, or independently corrects such personal information as you believe is incorrect or incomplete.
- Request Norcool to delete personal information that Norcool (www.norcool.se) hold you from the systems, or limit the way in which Norcool uses such personal information (for information about deletion from archives, see section ‘Retention of personal information’).
- Receive our processing of your personal information; and / or consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent that such treatment is based on consent and consent is the only permitted basis for treatment).
- If you wish to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, follow the instructions in the section below of this Privacy Statement.
To learn more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more information about advertising caps and how to handle them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (based on the U.S.).
It is important to note that limiting or deactivating cookies may limit the functionality of websites, or prevent them from functioning properly.